2nd Annual - America the Beautiful - Never Forgetting 9/11
Sunday, September 9, 2012
Register online for the 2012 America the Beautiful via Active.com.
Or use the 2012 America the Beautiful printable registration form.
2011 Race Results
2011 Photo Slideshow
Celebrating America the Beautiful” every step of our way; special Americana music, refreshments & cheers, and a pocket-size Declaration of Independence & US Constitution to carry throughout the year.
USATF certified course - Results by Youth, Open & Masters 5 yr Divisions
7:30 AM - CC Race Event Worker (CCREW) Volunteers set up course
8 AM - Pre-registered check-in opens for bib #s and shirts
8 AM - Race Day Registration ($35) opens
8:50 AM - Race Day Registration closes
9 AM - Start line assembles & National Anthem
9:11 AM - START! America the Beautiful 5k
Post race treats await finishers as they arrive back at staging area.
Race results will be posted within 15 minutes of the last finishers.
5k on USATF certified course around beautiful Como Lake; Start/Finish near Lakeside Pavilion.
USATF Certified Course
CC's Como Lake Course is USATF #MN-05030-RR
For a larger version of the course map click here.
1. 10th Anniversary of 9/11 active remembrance of sacrifices of military & civilians in defense of life, liberty & happiness
2. Never Forgetting 9/11 while celebrating the sentiments expressed in classic song America the Beautiful (See * below)
3. Exercising liberty 'cause the strong best defend life, liberty & happiness (See ** below)
4. Added funds raised to benefit wounded vets.
7. Lively camaraderie
8. Commemorative shirts
9. New 9/11 memories
* The inspiring words from "America the Beautiful" will be played at this 1st Annual Never Forgetting 9/11 5k:
O beautiful for heroes prov'd
In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved,
And mercy more than life.
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness,
And ev'ry gain divine.
O beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam
Undimmed by human tears.
God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea.
Hear the brilliant interpretation of this song with Internet Explorer by Ray Charles by clicking on
** “Nations have passed away and left no traces. And history gives the naked cause of it; one single, simple reason in all case: They fell because their people were not fit.” - Rudyard Kipling